The holiday season is finally here and these Vegan Banana Blueberry Cupcakes are just what we need to kick off a great family event! A banana cake with a hint of cinnamon, bursting with warm blueberries and topped with frosting!
So why the vegan cupcakes? Because in todays day it is more common to find food allergies in baked goods like eggs, soy, peanuts, and dairy. There aren't many alternatives until now! Cupcakes and allergy-friendly… it’s my sort of thing!
Plus, vegan recipes are great to have on hand in case you don’t have any eggs or milk in the fridge! Vegan banana bread has seriously saved me a few times and
I just couldn’t help myself when these came hot out of the oven! I had to eat one…or two. Even without the frosting they make great muffins perfect for lunch boxes or picnics. But let’s be honest, adding frosting just makes every bite more delightful.
I topped my cupcakes with a little bit of sanding sugar sprinkles and some fresh berries. But if you use frozen blueberries in the recipe (which you totally can) then you can just use some sprinkles to add a little decoration. Now, time for the fun part – baking!
VEGAN BANANA BLUEBERRY FROSTED CUPCAKES
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Frosting Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
BANANA BLUEBERRY CAKE:
4 medium ripe bananas
1/2 C. sugar (coconut, cane, or munk fruit work great)
2/3 C. Earth Balance Buttery Spread melted
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 C. flour (spelt, whole wheat, or GF alternatives work, too)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1 1/2 C. blueberries
1 C. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3-4 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, use a fork to finely mash the ripened bananas.
3. Add sugar, Earth Balance Buttery Spread and vanilla extract then stir well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
5. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients to the wet (don't over mix) and then fold in blueberries.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Let cool.
8. Frosting: Beat the Earth Balance Buttery Spread until smooth. Add vanilla extract and then slowly add in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
Give these wonderful vegan banana blueberry cupcakes, or muffins, a try and let us know what you think! We want to see your comments below and are open to exploring any suggestions you may have or additions to these beauties.. Don't forget to share, subscribe, and like and we will see you next time!